Risk-Free Booking until 1st of June 2021*
1. Subject to the following and below we agree that the Tenant has the right to cancel the Tenancy before the contract start date upon the Tenant giving the Landlord not less than 28 days’ notice in writing to end the Tenancy. Any notice must be given in accordance with the Tenancy terms and supported by the evidence demonstrating the applicability of one or more of the circumstances detailed at Clause 3 below.
2. The right to cancel only applies where the required notice has been given and where the notice period expires no later than the 1st June 2021.
3. The Tenant’s right to cancel the Tenancy under this agreement will only apply in the following circumstances and upon the Tenant providing evidence in writing of this to the satisfaction of the Landlord:
- The Tenant is unable to travel to the Property due to UK COVID-19 restrictions or COVID-19 -related illness
- The Tenant has failed to obtain a visa enabling them to travel to the UK
- The Tenant’s university course will not be starting in person teaching during the 1st semester of the academic year 2021, or at all, due to UK COVID-19 restrictions
- The Tenant has failed to achieve the exam grades required to secure their place at university
4. Where the Tenant wants to exercise their right to cancel the Tenancy under this agreement and has given the required notice to the Landlord, the Landlord agrees to return any advance payments made by the Tenant other than the “Rent in advance fee” to secure the room which is equal to the first weeks rent. As per the application terms and conditions the Landlord has the right to keep these monies if a Tenant drops out 14 days after a Tenancy contract is issued. The parties agree this is a fair contribution to the costs the Landlord has incurred in progressing the Tenancy application.
This agreement is personal to the parties to it and shall not benefit successors in title to the Tenancy.
Any dispute arising out of this letter will be determined by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.